I really love to make but this raw chocolate bar is a great treat, very nutritious and sooo easy to make that can become any chocolate lover’s favourite.
1 cup raw cacao powder
3/4 cup grinded cacao butter
1/4 cup organic maple syrup
1 spoon maca powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon sea salt flakes
1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
1/4 cup chopped almonds
1/4 cup sundried cranberries
1/4 cup goji berries
- Cover a baking tray with parchment paper or use a silicone mat, mix and distribute the nuts and berries evenly.
- Melt cacao butter in a bowl of a double boiler.
- Remove from heat and whisk in, maple syrup, sea salt, maca and vanilla extract until smooth, add cacao powder and stir until thickened and the mix has with no lumps.
- Pour the cacao mix over the nuts and berries tying to form an even layer of chocolate.
- Place in the refrigerator or freezer until completely hardened.
- Store in the refrigerator to keep chocolates from melting.
Georgina Ferrer is based in Mexico City where she is a pioneer in conscious nutrition. She started changing her lifestyle to improve the physical and mental health of her children and now she is an advocate of the importance of food for overall wellbeing. She teaches health and nutrition courses through cooking, which makes it easy to her clients to integrate lifestyle changes in a fun and delicious way.